Happy April!
Almost Easter, and Baby Tricia and Grandma's birthday :) Ella is getting so big and sassy - gabbing lots and repeating everything we say - Warning, here is a bragging moment: Ella is counting 1-10, isn't that nuts?!?! We're arguing over whose genes that came from!
Should we stay or should we go now....... If we go it could be trouble, if we stay it could be double...... Hope y'all remember that song... that is what Mike and I are unfortunately pondering about our lovely townhome we've recently moved into- (See photo below).
It was great in theory: New home, better neighborhood, low maintenance - the exact opposite from our last house - hahah... hmmmm. Maybe a little too exact opposite, and a little too close to the neighbors.
We seem to be wedged between an older gentleman who loves to jump up and down in his room at 4am to wake himself hahah, or maybe do some construction at 10pm with his crackhead nephew who likes to shout BS (literally... that word) at the top of his lungs. On the other side of us, we have a lovely Mother of 2-4 kids (not quite sure how many), runs a daycare out of the home (against the HOA), has 2 non-stop barking dogs, and the kids like to (Of Course) ride their dirtbike up and down the road (In this very populated townhome community) at 11pm, while the daughter shouts at her boyfriend, he then peels out, honking down the road. Or practice a fun game of shimmy up the side of our home to get into their backyard.
Should we be aware of all this?
I'm not sure!!
Maybe this is the townhome community, and we were just hoping (naively or stupidly - whichever you prefer) that it wouldn't be like this... whatever the case, it's a learning experience, and one I'd like to prevent other people from experiencing hahaha... We can always to the Homeowner's association, file complaints etc... but to what have our Neighbors hate us, and still probably act like jerks?! Please give us your feedback on this conundrum :)
Love, Meg
3 comments:
I SAY MOVE, I HAVE HEARD ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID CONCERNS AND THEY ARE WORSE THAN YOU PORTRAYED THEM. HI TO THE CUTIE IN THE CHAIR....LOVE, MOM
If you can't beat em, join em! I say you and Mike start a rock band and only rehearse when your neighbors are sound asleep...so at noon everyday, crank the amps and jam!
Have you tried talking to them? If you complain, who cares if they don't like you. It's not like you're going to invite them over for Sunday dinner.."Can we bring anything Megan?" "Sure, I just love your Crack Pipe...it's so much cleaner than our needles."
I vote that you take the lumps of capital gains tax if you have to, and move. I used to live next door to this loser and his "family" in Port Angeles. Their front door was just outside our bedroom window, and at least twice a week they would party on their front doorstep and be loud and drunk. I would open the window and ask them to keep it down, then i would listen as they talked about the neighbor with a stick up his XXX while they got drunk. In the mornings I would find bottles in my yard even. The only way we fixed that problem was by moving. instant fix. sounds like you have 3 of these kind of neighbors at least! wonder if next time the realtor would let you stay one night to check out the noise level. hmmmmmmmmmmmm
like they say in the horror movies, "GETTTT OOOOUUUUUTTTTTTTT"
Post a Comment